Tuesday, Nov. 30, 2021 is Giving Tuesday, and on this worldwide day of generosity we at Davis Media Access invite our community of local media advocates to show your support of our beloved grassroots radio station KDRT 95.7FM. It operates 24/7 from the power of passionate volunteer programmers, and stays on-air due to your support at kdrt.org/donate
Over the past two years, DMA abd KDRT have remained an anchor for community-minded folks such as yourself, despite the myriad of obstacles keeping us from staying in touch with each other. At a time of deep disconnection, KDRT found ways for us to connect - enjoy the highlight reel:
- We were thrilled to assist many other nonprofits in taking their signature events virtual
- DMA staff designed virtual workflows for KDRT station operations, including remote access for staff and volunteers
- Music and public affairs hosts produced from home, keeping local content alive
- Staff developed detailed pandemic safety protocols to allow limited studio use, including adapting the entire KDRT schedule to limit person-to-person exposure and train some volunteers for unstaffed facility access
- The rich infusion of local music was maintained through innovative remote music offerings such as Make Music Day with the Davis Independent Music Initiative, and the annual Home for the Holidays Concert
- Field work included broadcasting community-wide events like the annual Martin Luther King, Jr. Celebration and Davis Neighbors Night Out
- Executive Director Autumn Labbe´-Renault pivoted to virtual community building with the nationally recognized weekly “COVID-19 Community Report”, which ran for 14 months on KDRT
All these efforts and call us to ask you to provide financial support in order to continue our mission of enriching and strengthening the community through engagement by empowering local voices, opinions and creative endeavors. Your financial support will ensure that our organization will continue to provide the kind of linkage that makes our community livable, viable and unique. Davis Media Access is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. Your gift may qualify as a charitable deduction for federal income tax purposes; please consult your tax adviser.
Please go to kdrt.org/donate to help us continue our work.