Consent to Terms
Users of the DMA Services may post, upload, transmit and otherwise submit ("Submit") comments, messages, recommendations, photos, images, audio, story ideas, essays and other content and materials ("User Materials") on or through the social networking features, discussions, Contact Us page, and other features of the DMA Services. You acknowledge that User Materials may be routed through our servers, the servers of one or more third parties, and the Internet, and may be viewed by DMA staff and on the DMA Services by the general public. You acknowledge that the DMA Services, including the social networking features, discussions, Contact Us page and other features of the DMA Services, are for generally public and not private communications.
We reserve the right to screen, refuse to post, remove or edit User Materials.
For any User Materials you submit on or through the DMA Services, you agree to abide by the following rules for submitting User Materials through the DMA Services:
- You may not submit any User Materials under a false name or a false email address. You may not impersonate another user or provide any false information about yourself.
- You may not submit any User Materials or links to material that is libelous, defamatory, false, obscene, indecent, lewd, pornographic, violent, abusive, threatening, harassing, discriminatory, in violation of the law, harmful to children, in violation of third-party privacy rights, or that constitutes hate speech or a personal attack.
- You may not submit any material containing any solicitation of funds, advertising, promotion, solicitation for goods and services, or recruiting. You may not use the DMA Services for political campaigning, recruiting votes, or soliciting support for legislative or other initiatives.
Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA) Notices; Copyright Agent
DMA respects the intellectual property rights of others. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement by any content or material on the DMA Services, please provide the following information in writing to DMA's Copyright Agent (see 17 U.S.C. § 512(c)(3) for further detail):
- a physical or electronic signature of a person authorized to act on behalf of the owner of the copyright.
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed.
- a description of the material that you claim to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information sufficient to permit us to locate the material.
- information so that we can contact you, such as address, telephone number and email address.
- a statement that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- a statement that the information in the notification is accurate and, under penalty of perjury, that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on behalf of the owner of a copyright that is allegedly infringed.
If you believe that any content or materials you posted, uploaded or Submitted to the DMA Services, that were subsequently removed from the DMA Services, or to which access was disabled, were improperly removed or disabled, please provide the following Counter-Notification to DMA's Copyright Agent (see 17 U.S.C. § 512(g) for further detail):
- your physical or electronic signature.
- a description of the materials that have been removed or to which access has been disabled and the location at which the material appeared before it was removed or access to it was disabled.
- a statement under penalty of perjury that you have a good faith belief that the material was removed or disabled as a result of mistake or misidentification of the material to be removed or disabled.
- your name, address and telephone number, and a statement that you consent to the jurisdiction of the Federal District Court for the judicial district in which the address is located, and that you will accept service of process from the person who provided notification of the alleged infringement.
DMA’s Copyright Agent can be reached as follows:
Davis Media Access
1623 Fifth St.
Davis, CA 95616
Only DMCA notices should be sent to the Copyright Agent.